Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Overexposed on the Pagus

When we first decided to do a blog, I really wanted to put this super polished professional face on it. I think I was just in that mode. We strive so hard to make sure that everything we do is as excellent as we can possibly manage, not to say there aren’t mistakes, and I sort of wanted to keep that mentality here as well.

Unfortunately, polished and professional kind of defeats the purpose of the blog. We wanted this to be a chance for you to get to know us, to see who we are and why we are so passionate about Pagus. We wanted a place to give you some history, to get some feedback from you and find out who you are. As I thought about these things, suddenly this grand idea became a bit scary. Suddenly, I wasn’t so sure I wanted you to know that we have no clue as to what we are doing half the time – it is all on the job training, or that we don’t even have shoestring of a budget – it more like a dryer lint budget.

And I don’t want this to become a place where I simply whine about the trials and tribulations of my life, but there is value to being honest about struggles we face as we pursue this dream – or as this dream pursues us. (I am still not for sure which is more appropriate.)

But as I talk to people, I hear keep hearing the same thing over and over again – I would do what I love if I just knew how to get started, if I knew how to begin, where to begin. I think we have this false ideology that if it were meant to happen then it would fall in our laps. The truth is sometimes you just have to jump, and that is what we are doing here – jumping straight into the abyss, praying God is going to catch us, and in the mean time we are trying to fall with grace. Maybe one day it will look like flying.

Revelation says that the enemy is overcome by the word of our testimony, and I believe that this is an appropriate place to share ours. It is not a completed word, hopefully it never will be, but if we can share our story and someone finds the courage to chase their God given dream then Pagus will have experienced one more success. And that is worth sacrificing the polished or professional image sometimes.

So I hope that you will find many things here, some our funnier moments, times of success, truth about the sacrifice it takes to live the life God wants you to have, a few practical things, but most of all I hope you see a reflection of the God we serve. Pray for us, because we pray for you. We may not know you, yet, but we hope to soon.

No comments: